Learning Bluegrass or Flat-picking guitar is a great method for those who are interested in folk, bluegrass, or country music and also for people who want to learn the basics and build a strong foundation of guitar techniques. It is an excellent way to get started as beginning guitarist or a great way to expand the skill-set of the advancing guitarist.
Bluegrass Guitar Lessons include:
- Playing rhythm guitar chords “Carter style” with alternating bass notes and walking bass notes
- Learning bluegrass/old-time repertoire: chords and melodies for songs and instrumentals.
- Learning to develop speed and volume for playing lead breaks
- Learning to improvise over the chord changes in bluegrass songs
- Learning to arrange flatpicking solos for instrumental and vocal bluegrass songs
- Learning the specific styles of master flat-pickers like Doc Watson, Tony Rice, Norman Blake and others.
Click on the button below to view the available lesson times and schedule a guitar lesson!